Hi - the issue has not happened again, I have not had the phone
connected to laptop as often.

FYI - I do not, as far as I am aware, have any extensions running.

But I have run the 2nd command as instructed - is it also worth running
the following?

gsettings set org.gnome.shell.extensions.desktop-icons show-mount false

Thank you for your help!

This may now be resolved - not sure if a bug or not! Would be good if
these changes were not required though.

M :)

  Gnome Shell freezes for 2 minutes on unlock when mobile phone is
  connected (log shows gvfsd PTP errors)

  After my laptop suspends I am unable to login back in again.

  I type in my password then  everything freezes - I can drop to a
  terminal and run

  sudo service gdm restart

  this gives me access again to my laptop - though obviously everything I was
working on has been closed down and potentially lost.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu50.3
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64 (20191017)
  Package: gdm3 3.38.1-2ubuntu1.1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags:  groovy
  Uname: Linux 5.8.0-33-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to groovy on 2020-11-16 (44 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True