I have those manually installed extensions : - hibernate-status@dromi - [email protected]
I disabled them as required, so as to test if problem persists. In case it does, I will tell you here in a new comment. In case it solves the issue, I can't tell after how much time we can consider the problem fixed, as it has happened three times some days, and in december it only happened one time in total, it's totally random. I can just tell that it didn't happen with the two previous LTS releases. And that it persists after a complete OS re-install. How should we process in case the problem doesn't happen for weeks ? -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1912472 Title: Display freezes randomly - high CPU usage Status in mutter package in Ubuntu: Incomplete Bug description: Randomly, system freezes with high CPU usage (cooling fan goes high when the problem happens) since update to Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS. Same problem with X11 and Wayland. Display freezes and keyboard or mouse inputs won't change anything. Caps and num lock won't react either. Ctrl+alt+anything doesn't solve the issue. Only possibility is then to force reboot using power button. After reboot, I could find in logs : gnome-shell libinput error: client bug: timer event6 debounce short: scheduled expiry is in the past (-15ms), your system is too slow Problem happens in any situation, for example while videoconferencing with any software, or using LibreOffice Writer, sometimes with Firefox. The only common fact seems to be that Firefox is always opened. ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 20.04 Package: mutter 3.36.7+git20201123-0.20.04.1 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.8.0-38.43~20.04.1-generic 5.8.18 Uname: Linux 5.8.0-38-generic x86_64 ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.14 Architecture: amd64 CasperMD5CheckResult: skip CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME Date: Wed Jan 20 10:27:48 2021 InstallationDate: Installed on 2020-11-15 (65 days ago) InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200731) ProcEnviron: TERM=xterm-256color PATH=(custom, no user) XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set> LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8 SHELL=/bin/bash SourcePackage: mutter UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install) To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/1912472/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

