On 2021-01-28 04:29, Daniel van Vugt wrote:
> When a release reaches end of life we can then quickly identify which
> bugs are no longer affecting any supported release, and close them.

That's what I suspected. ;) While I understand, I don't really like it.
For bugs of some significance I would prefer them to stay until
resolved. For truly upstream and less important bugs, why not just point
the bug reporter to upstream and close it with "won't fix", with the
explanation that we don't have the resources to fix it in Ubuntu only.

> If you are confident that other releases are affected then just add
> more tags like 'focal'.

Done.

** Tags added: focal

  Obscure shortcut selector behaviour

Status in gnome-control-center:
  Unknown
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  I'm trying to set a shortcut for keyboard layout switching, but it's
  impossible to use some keyboard buttons. Also, pressing some
  combinations leads to unexpected results.

  For example:

  - Shift+Ctrl - impossible to set
  - Shift+Alt - impossible to set
  - Ctrl+Alt - impossible to set
  - Shift+Ctrl+Alt - impossible to set
  - Shift+Alt+Space - this combination is being detected as "Shift+Space"
  - Cmd (Win) + any two or three keys is impossible to set (works with 4 keys
though).

  Since Shift+Ctrl and Shift+Alt are very popular shortcuts (due to
  being default in Windows for ages), not being able to use them in
  Ubuntu is a pain.

  Reproduction steps:

  - Open gnome-control-center
  - Go to "Keyboard shortcuts"
  - Try to change any shortcut to one from my list

  System info:

  Ubuntu 20.10
  gnome-control-center:
    Installed: 1:3.38.1-1ubuntu1