This bug was fixed in the package libfprint -
1:1.90.3+tod1-0ubuntu2~20.10.2

---------------
libfprint (1:1.90.3+tod1-0ubuntu2~20.10.2) groovy; urgency=medium

  * debian/patches:
    - image-device: Delay completion until deactivation (LP: #1897613)
    - Support more synaptics devices PIDs (LP: #1905593)
    - Ensure we properly handle references of prints galleries (LP: #1908107)

libfprint (1:1.90.3+tod1-0ubuntu2~20.10.1) groovy; urgency=medium

  * debian/gbp.conf:
    - Include debian's GNOME team preferred settings
    - Prepare for groovy branching
  * debian/patches (upstream cherry-picks):
    - Properly handle aes3k devices, resubmitting commands.
      This also needs proper commands cancellation (LP: #1897613)
    - Add support for new Synaptics devices IDs (LP: #1905593)
    - Fix vfs301 verification using device pointer on callbacks (LP: #1905597)
    - Ensure we do not waste power for unsupported devices (LP: #1905603)
    - Add identification support to synaptics driver.
      It allows to unlock / log-in with any finger. (LP: #1905600)

 -- Marco Trevisan (TreviƱo) <ma...@ubuntu.com>  Mon, 14 Dec 2020
19:19:45 +0100

** Changed in: libfprint (Ubuntu Groovy)

Packages, which is subscribed to libfprint in Ubuntu.

  Support fingerprint identification in the driver of Synaptics
  fingerprint reader

Status in OEM Priority Project:
  In Progress
Status in libfprint package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in libfprint source package in Focal:
  Fix Released
Status in libfprint source package in Groovy:

  [Impact]

  On Ubuntu 20.04, with Synaptics fingerprint reader, users can use one
  fingerprint to login system, but if users add more fingerprints, they
  still can only one of those to login, other fingerprints do not work.

  To fix this issue, we need support fingerprint identification in the driver
of Synaptics fingerprint reader, by backport this libfprint commit to Focal:
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/libfprint/libfprint/commit/e27b65c9

  [Test Case]

  I tried backport the commit above to libfprint
  (1:1.90.2+tod1-0ubuntu1~20.04.2) in Focal and tested on 3
  ThinkPads(both use the 06cb:00bd Synaptics fingerprint reader), the
  multiple fingerprints works well.

  We have other OEM platforms with Synaptics fingerprint reader, we can
  use it to validate the changes if needed.

  [Regression Potential]

  the commit comes from Synaptics' engineer, just affects one file:
  libfprint/drivers/synaptics/synaptics.c, and only add identification
  support in that file, so the regression potential should be low.