Daniel,

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what this ticket is all about.

If it's just that people see these lines in their log, then surely, it's
not worth having an open ticket about.

On the other hand, I'm saying that I have been investigating this for
two weeks, and I can say with 95% confidence that when my laptop
freezes, the very last thing I see in my syslog, and in journalctl is a
spam output of these lines.

If you do a search for "keysym, ubuntu, freeze, dell, laptop", I'm
pretty sure you'll be down a rabbit hole with many other people
reporting similar freezes (e.g. https://itectec.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-
ubuntu-19-04-stops-working/).

There's also an issue in gnome/mutter that looks like it may be closer
to the origin, but I'm not sure at this point
(https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues/606). Again, I'm just
not sure.

So, other than opening a vague ticket, do you have any suggestions as to
where I can track this bug to the origin. Like I said, it's really
killing our company's experience (we've got several new laptops running
20.04.1 LTS and none of us are using these machines for simple browsing
-- in other words, it's critical that our work is not randomly lost due
to a freeze). Also, note, I noticed this bug only once with the oem
kernel (whereas it happened multiple times with the generic kernel). And
also, I  caught it once when I was explicitly looking for it to happen
when I did a key press of one of the multimedia buttons (two key
presses).

** Bug watch added: gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues #606
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues/606

  Window manager warning: Overwriting existing binding of keysym 37 with
  keysym 37 (keycode 10).

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Unknown

  1) Ubuntu 19.10
  2) Gnome 3.34.1
  3) No error.
  4) Error in Ubuntu Logs App.

  Sender: gnome-shell
  Message:
  4:49:03 PM gnome-shell: GNOME Shell started at Mon Dec 23 2019 16:48:51
GMT-0600 (CST)
  4:49:02 PM gnome-shell: Window manager warning: Overwriting existing binding
of keysym 37 with keysym 37 (keycode 10).
  4:49:02 PM gnome-shell: Window manager warning: Overwriting existing binding
of keysym 36 with keysym 36 (keycode f).
  4:49:02 PM gnome-shell: Window manager warning: Overwriting existing binding
of keysym 35 with keysym 35 (keycode e).
  4:49:02 PM gnome-shell: Window manager warning: Overwriting existing binding
of keysym 34 with keysym 34 (keycode d).
  4:49:02 PM gnome-shell: Window manager warning: Overwriting existing binding
of keysym 32 with keysym 32 (keycode b).
  4:49:02 PM gnome-shell: Window manager warning: Overwriting existing binding
of keysym 39 with keysym 39 (keycode 12).
  4:49:02 PM gnome-shell: Window manager warning: Overwriting existing binding
of keysym 33 with keysym 33 (keycode c).
  4:49:02 PM gnome-shell: Window manager warning: Overwriting existing binding
of keysym 38 with keysym 38 (keycode 11).
  4:49:02 PM gnome-shell: Window manager warning: Overwriting existing binding
of keysym 31 with keysym 31 (keycode a).
  Audit Session: 2