Also gnome-shell is part of this game, however the way to handle this is
select the user to login first.

However, I've already prepared some work to get user identification
possible:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/libfprint/fprintd/-/merge_requests/113

Work on the PAM module, GDM and gnome-shell are still required though

** Changed in: gdm3 (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: fprintd (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: fprintd (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: fprintd (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Marco Trevisan (Treviño) (3v1n0)

** Changed in: gdm3 (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Marco Trevisan (Treviño) (3v1n0)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Marco Trevisan (Treviño) (3v1n0)

** Changed in: fprintd (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- FP Auth : Multi user Scenario
+ Fingerprint Authentication: Support multi user-login scenario

  Fingerprint Authentication: Support multi user-login scenario

Status in fprintd package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in gdm3 package in Ubuntu:

  FP authentication doesn't work from the login screen when there is another
user.
  You have to login into any user with a password for first time, then we can
use FP authentication for our next login attempts.

  Ubuntu version : 20.04 LTS