Public bug reported:

The different power profiles require loading the nvidia drivers with
different options (or blacklisting them, in case of intel mode).

We need to call update-initramfs whenever we switch to a different
profile, or things may fall out sync, resulting in a failure.

The update-initramfs command takes a few seconds, therefore we also need
to provide feedback, so that users know that they have to wait for the
operation to complete. For this reason, prime-select will provide a
spinner on the command line, and nvidia-settings will show a progress
dialog.

** Affects: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu)

** Affects: nvidia-settings (Ubuntu)

** Affects: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Affects: nvidia-settings (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Affects: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Focal)

** Affects: nvidia-settings (Ubuntu Focal)

** Affects: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Groovy)

** Affects: nvidia-settings (Ubuntu Groovy)

** Also affects: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: nvidia-settings (Ubuntu Focal)

** Also affects: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Focal)

** Also affects: nvidia-settings (Ubuntu Groovy)

** Also affects: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Groovy)

** Also affects: nvidia-settings (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Also affects: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Changed in: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Alberto Milone (albertomilone)

** Changed in: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Focal)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Alberto Milone (albertomilone)

** Changed in: nvidia-prime (Ubuntu Groovy)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Alberto Milone (albertomilone)

** Changed in: nvidia-settings (Ubuntu Bionic)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Alberto Milone (albertomilone)

** Changed in: nvidia-settings (Ubuntu Groovy)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Alberto Milone (albertomilone)

** Changed in: nvidia-settings (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Alberto Milone (albertomilone)

** Changed in: nvidia-settings (Ubuntu Focal)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Alberto Milone (albertomilone)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-prime in Ubuntu.

  Always update the initramfs when changing power profile

Status in nvidia-prime package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in nvidia-settings package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in nvidia-prime source package in Bionic:
  In Progress
Status in nvidia-settings source package in Bionic:
  In Progress
Status in nvidia-prime source package in Focal:
  In Progress
Status in nvidia-settings source package in Focal:
  New
Status in nvidia-prime source package in Groovy:
  In Progress
Status in nvidia-settings source package in Groovy:
  In Progress

Bug description: