** Tags removed: verification-needed-focal
** Tags added: verification-done-focal

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  firefox-locale-* packages do not enable localization => post-install
  localization is not complete

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  On 2020-03-03 I installed a Focal system from the latest ISO image and
  chose the Italian localization at install time. The localization
  setting worked as expected, but not for Firefox: its interface is
  still in English. No "Italian" option shows up in the 'Preferences ->
  Language' menu (the menu is empty).

  The firefox-locale-it package is correctly installed. I tried
  installing firefox-locale-fr and restart Firefox, but I still got no
  French option in the Language menu.

  On the other hand letting Firefox download the language pack itself
  *does* work.