Hello again,
Just because I am a curious lad, I tried out

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kelebek333/nvidia-legacy
sudo apt update
sudo apt install nvidia-340

... but that didn't work...

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-340 in Ubuntu.

  Nvidia 340.108 fails to install with kernels 5.5 onward

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-340 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-340 source package in Focal:
  Fix Released
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-340 source package in Groovy:

  SRU request:

  [Impact]

   * Installing the 340 driver will fail when running Linux 5.7 or
  newer.

  [Test Case]

   * Install nvidia-340 from -proposed.

   * Check that the modules was built and installed, using the
     following command:

     dkms status

  [Regression Potential]

   * The driver once built and installed could be not working and lead
  to have the desktop not starting for example. Check that you get a
  desktop loaded and decent performances

  ____

  Hi developers,

  thanks for your great work on porting legacy drivers to Ubuntu.

  Anyway I have to complain in not seeing Nvidia 340.108 driver for
  kernels 5.5 and 5.6 yet, leaving users stuck on kernel 5.4,
  because Nvidia 340.108 fails to install with kernels 5.5 and 5.6.

  Archlinux already has a driver for Kernel 5.6 via AUR
  (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nvidia-340xx/) and Debian SID has
  one for kernel 5.5.

  So, the question is: when will we see a new version in repositories?

  Bye and have a nice day.