libreoffice --impress launches Impress. Today I found that the
presentation I had sent you produced the same problem on a Windows
machine running an older version of LibreOffice (6**). There, too, it
was opened with Draw, although "Open with Impress" was also selected in
Windows.

  PPTX is opened in Draw not in Impress

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  After updating to Ubuntu version 21.04 and thus also updating
  LibreOffice to 7.1, some PPTX presentations are no longer opened with
  Impress, but with Draw.

  Unfortunately, I can not upload the presentations, because I would
  violate the privacy and / or copyright rights.

  Package: libreoffice (not installed)
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Apr 27 09:27:33 2021
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.10 "Groovy Gorilla" - Release amd64 (20201022)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: libreoffice
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to hirsute on 2021-04-23 (3 days ago)