Hi Alex!

It does not appear to have been fully fixed by Firefox 88 for me at
least, although the conditions have changed slightly, and the remaining
broken behavior is now slightly different too.

First, to update my note above: `media.autoplay.enabled.user-gestures-
needed` has been superseded by `media.autoplay.blocking_policy`, and
setting the latter to `2` is now required to trigger the issue (as it
manifests presently); with the setting at either `0` or `1` I haven't
been able to reproduce any variation of the issue.

Now, the video doesn't get paused anymore, but the unmuting also does
not work: clicking the muted indicator just always resets it back to
muted, instead of actually unmuting.

  Twitch video can not be unmuted when media.autoplay.blocking_policy=2,
  media.autoplay.default=1

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Confirmed
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  With `media.autoplay.blocking_policy` set to 2 and
  `media.autoplay.default` set to 1 (block audio, which is the default),
  a Twitch video can not be unmuted.

  == Steps to reproduce ==

  1. Open about:config
  2. Search for autoplay in the settings
  3. Set media.autoplay.default to 1 ("Block Audio", which is the default)
  4. Set media.autoplay.blocking_policy to 2
  5. Open a Twitch VOD, for instance https://www.twitch.tv/videos/280106033
  6. Try to unmute the video (either by clicking Twitch player's speaker
control button, or by dragging the accompanying volume slider)

  == What I expect to happen ==
  For the audio to be unmuted.

  == What happens instead ==
  The audio remains muted, and the volume control/indicator remains in the
muted position.

  == Other info ==
  This is present in Firefox 88. I tried to update the versions info below
using apport-collect, but it failed.

  Package: firefox 75.0+build3-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  BuildID: 20200403170909
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri Apr 24 16:33:46 2020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 16.04.1 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160719)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=fi_FI.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: firefox
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.16
  Architecture: amd64
  BuildID: 20210415204500
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200731)
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  Package: firefox 88.0+build2-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.8.0-50.56~20.04.1-generic 5.8.18
  Tags:  focal wayland-session
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare ssh sudo vboxusers
  _MarkForUpload: True
  modified.conffile..etc.default.apport: [modified]
  mtime.conffile..etc.default.apport: 2020-11-30T20:24:48.587084