*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1732482 ***
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1732482

This is not a duplicate of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1863897

Because I am am seeing the same on Chrome -- not Chromium -- and my
Chrome was not installed via snap.

That said, playing with this a little, I found that right clicking on
the desktop icon there is an option "Allow Launch", and after clicking
that the PWA launches and works. But the icon still is not correct. The
PWA sets an appropriate icon in its manifest.

Not, the menu option "Allow Launch" is not the same as giving execute
permission. The installation of the PWA did set "Execute" permission.
The "allow launch" is a permission above and beyond file system
permissions.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1863897

Title:
  Desktop link for Progressive Web Apps incorrect

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Since the change to a Snap package, PWA "add to homescreen" (A2HS)
  does not seem to be working.

  I am using Xubuntu 19.10

  A link is created on the desktop with the app name, but the icon is a
  generic one and clicking on the link just brings up a blank Chromium
  page.

  I tested it from my own PWA to start with, but to check it is a
  generic problem I used the MDN PWA page:

  https://developer.mozilla.org/en-
  US/docs/Web/Progressive_web_apps/Add_to_home_screen

  which has a PWA demo app called "Awesome Fox Pictures". If you open
  the live demo page:

  https://mdn.github.io/pwa-examples/a2hs/

  you should be able to add the app to your desktop, but this creates
  the broken link I described.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1863897/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to