Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better.

I'm also running Ubuntu 20.04 here. If I open a (new) document I see a
'hamburger' icon on the top bar of the new window. That drop down menu
that results from selecting that icon includes the items that you say
are 'impossible to select'.

Do you see those options on that menu?

I seem to recall the traditional menus were removed with the change to
version 3 of GNOME.

** Changed in: evince (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.

  view menu is missing

Status in evince package in Ubuntu:

  The view menu is missing, so it is impossible to select any of the
  viewing modes, like 'dual' 'continuous'. This seriously cripples
  evince.

  Package: evince 3.36.10-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.18
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Jul  7 18:56:04 2021
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64
(20140722.2)
  SourcePackage: evince
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to focal on 2020-11-05 (244 days ago)