** Also affects: gnome-keyring (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: mate-session-manager (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-keyring in Ubuntu.

  Unable to disable ssh component of gnome-keyring

Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  New
Status in gnome-keyring package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in mate-session-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Under previous versions of Ubuntu MATE (18.04 in particular), it was
  possible to disable the ssh component of gnome-keyring-daemon either
  by a) unchecking a box in Startup Applications, or b) editing
  ~/.config/autostart/gnome-keyring-ssh.desktop to include "X-MATE-
  Autostart-enabled=false". However, in 19.10 (and possibly before),
  disabling this component seems to be a no-op. This means that I can't
  easily use a gpg smartcard for ssh keys.

  To replicate:
    * Disable gnome-keyring-ssh, either by unchecking the box in Startup
Applications or by editing the .desktop file directly.
    * Log out and in again.
    * At a command prompt, run "echo $SSH_AUTH_SOCK".

  Expected behavior: get ssh-agent or gnupg-agent socket info.

  Actual behavior: get "/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh"

  I can see from `ps aux` that gnome-keyring-daemon is not having its
  components started separately, but rather just launched with
  `/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --daemonize --login`.

  I see on the release notes "Fixed a gnome-keyring timeout in mate-
  session-manager" -- is it possible that now gnome-keyring-daemon is
  being started incorrectly?