Thanks for the bug report. Please tell us if the problem is still
occurring and if so then run this command to collect more system info:

  apport-collect 1891429

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  Unable to use any application or return to homescreen after opening
  application menu

  OS- Ubuntu 20.04
  Comfortably using since 25 April 2020

  The issue started yesterday.
  After clicking the show application button on the taskbar, there is no way to
return back to the home screen again. There is an extra black box available in
the right corner. I am able to open the application but not use them.
  On opening any of my favorite applications from the taskbar that application
freezes and a red circle with white cross appear to kill this program. No even
the close, or minimize commands word expect that big cross on the left top.
This is sometimes sorted by restarting but sometimes even that doesn't help.
  Please help me sort this issue. Its urgent.