Public bug reported:

I reported that against mutter, but it can be gnome-shell as well. Or
Intel driver/Kernel related. It happens since I switched to Impish,
never saw that before.

Intel HD graphics 400 onboard.

STEPS to reproduce:
1) Move Mouse pointer to the left edge of the screen
2) See that everything works as expected
3) Start an app so that the window comes up, eg. "Files"
4) Move the Mouse pointer to the left edge again.
5) See that the Screen goes black for a second, but the mouse pointer stays
visible.

Observation 1: At first I thought that it was related to dash-to dock
since moving the mouse to the area where I used to have the dock
exhibits the flicker (I had moved it to bottom for GNOME 40). But it
turns out that it doesn't matter: I can turn off the extension
completely or move it back to the left and the flicker always occurs.

Observation 2: I doesn't happen without any window onscreen. Having a
program minimized to the dock doesn't suffice to exhibit the bug. I have
to bring up the window and then it shows. Fun Fact 1: "Files" exhibits
it more "aggresive" than "Terminal".

Observation 3: I cannot record the issue: Recording a screencast via
"Ctrl-Alt-Shift-R" doesn't work. When recording the screencast the issue
doesn't happen.

I am a bit lost further debugging this, any help is highly welcome.

Package: mutter 40.2.1-1ubuntu1
CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME