Does the flickering happen on a mozilla.org (not distro) Firefox, with a
clean separate profile with no other changes (add-ons, prefs changed,
etc.)? See [this SUMO page](https://support.mozilla.org/kb/profile-
manager-create-remove-switch-firefox-profiles) for details on how to
create a separate profile.

If so, can you provide the graphics portion of the about:support section
of such a profile, please?

  On Wayland toolbar menus are sometimes invisible/flickering

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  New
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0)
  Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0

  Steps to reproduce:

  Open Downloads panel, Library or Application menu form the Toolbar by
  clicking on the corresponding icons.

  Actual results:

  From version 90 I noticed that Library or other items in the Toolbar
  won't open when I click it. Instead it flickers a few times on mouse
  movement - it looks like it opens but it's not visible, it becomes
  visible a fraction of a second when I move the mouse otherwise it's
  completely transparent.

  Which Toolbar icon this affects seems random. I tried to fix it by
  resetting the Toolbar and disabling extensions which have icons in the
  Toolbar. Then I noticed that Library was working normal again but
  Downloads or Application Menu wouldn't open.

  When this happened with the Application Menu I could barely see the
  contents of the menu by moving the mouse which made the menu flicker.
  The cursor was able to select menu items in the menu but it was
  completely transparent.

  In the enclosed screenshot you can see I selected the Library menu
  item but it isn't opened.

  Expected results:

  The menus in the Toolbar should open like they used to.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  AddonCompatCheckDisabled: False
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu65.1
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  jeroen     3189 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/pcmC0D3p:   jeroen     3189 F...m pulseaudio
  BuildID: 20210804193234
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  Channel: Unavailable
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DefaultProfileExtensions: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  DefaultProfileIncompatibleExtensions: Unavailable (corrupt or non-existant
compatibility.ini or extensions.sqlite)
  DefaultProfileLocales: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  DefaultProfilePrefErrors: Unexpected character ',' before close parenthesis @
/usr/lib/firefox/omni.ja:greprefs.js:352
  DefaultProfileThemes: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 21.04
  ForcedLayersAccel: False
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 21.04 "Hirsute Hippo" - Release amd64 (20210420)
  IpRoute:
   default via 192.168.0.1 dev enp3s0 proto dhcp metric 20100
   10.0.0.243 dev wgpia0 scope link
   10.17.128.1 dev wgpia0 scope link
   169.254.0.0/16 dev enp3s0 scope link metric 1000
   192.168.0.0/24 dev enp3s0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.0.102 metric
100
  Package: firefox 91.0+build2-0ubuntu0.21.04.1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Profile0Extensions: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  Profile0IncompatibleExtensions: Unavailable (corrupt or non-existant
compatibility.ini or extensions.sqlite)
  Profile0Locales: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  Profile0PrefErrors: Unexpected character ',' before close parenthesis @
/usr/lib/firefox/omni.ja:greprefs.js:352
  Profile0PrefSources: prefs.js
  Profile0Themes: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  Profiles:
   Profile1 (Default) - LastVersion=None/None (Out of date)
   Profile0 - LastVersion=91.0/20210804193234 (In use)
  RunningIncompatibleAddons: False
  Tags:  wayland-session hirsute
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 04/29/2014
  dmi.bios.release: 4.6
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: 0602
  dmi.board.asset.tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.board.name: VM60
  dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  dmi.board.version: Rev 1.xx
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Asset-1234567890
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Chassis Manufacture
  dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvr0602:bd04/29/2014:br4.6:svnASUSTeKComputerINC.:pnVM60:pvrSystemVersion:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnVM60:rvrRev1.xx:cvnChassisManufacture:ct3:cvrChassisVersion:
  dmi.product.family: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.product.name: VM60
  dmi.product.sku: SKU
  dmi.product.version: System Version
  dmi.sys.vendor: ASUSTeK Computer INC.