** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 1886059
   gnome-shell crashed with assertion failure "!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost"
[xcb_io.c:260]
   Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed with multiple applications

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  gnome-shell crashed at xcb_io.c:260: poll_for_event: Assertion
  `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost'' failed

Status in Mutter:
  Unknown
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in mutter source package in Focal:
  Fix Released
Status in mutter source package in Groovy:

  [Impact]

  This is the #1 crasher of gnome-shell in Ubuntu 20.04, though it's
  duplicated across multiple problem reports according to locale:

  https://errors.ubuntu.com/problem/4de3d315d9df1c9699bda54beafeeeea8d52053c
  https://errors.ubuntu.com/problem/2251b638f7a6167772f922dc5916740522c5c22b
  https://errors.ubuntu.com/problem/943838b8a80c1da4f8df584b7d2ad3a13361fdd7
  https://errors.ubuntu.com/problem/4b78bc9730e8681f0c42fc2ecea14d03544394f0

  [Test Case]

  None known. The plan is to just continue monitoring crash reports.
  Still, we are confident this is the fix because:

   * The offending source code in libx11 tells us it is :) and
   * The crash only started in Ubuntu with gnome-shell 3.34, which is the
     exact release in which XInitThreads was removed from mutter.

  [Regression Potential]

  Low. We add a single function call that tells libX11 to enable thread
  safety. This is the same as what we had in bionic, cosmic and disco,
  so it's well tested.