Upstream bug report was closed as "RESOLVED WONTFIX" on 2015-02-07 Removing Papercuts task as Ubuntu won't ever carry a patch to offer this additional functionality through subsequent releases of gedit.
** No longer affects: hundredpapercuts -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/638503 Title: Gedit word select doesn't include space Status in gedit: Won't Fix Status in gedit package in Ubuntu: Triaged Bug description: When I select a word from a sentence by double clicking, it should include the nearest space and or non letter character (trailing if I click near the last letter and leading if I click near the first letter). Then when I drag or delete, I don't have to go back and delete the extra space from where the word was taken and type one in where the word is dropped off. Not everyone wants this, so select behavior should be set in a preferences menu. Microsoft word has this feature and it's selection behavior is even more sophisticated. Check it out. Example 1: These are the that times try men's souls -- now I select the word "times" These are the that *times* try men's souls -- now if I drag to proper location, I get These are the timesthat try men's souls -- now I have to insert a space between "times" and "that" and delete one after "that" Corrected Example 1: These are the that times try men's souls -- now I select the word "times" which includes trailing space (dbl clk on "es") These are the that *times *try men's souls -- now if I drag to proper location, I get These are the times that try men's souls -- now it's perfect Example 2 - commas I'll take red, orange, brown, *yellow, *and white marbles -- select "yellow" including comma and trailing space and move it I'll take yellow, red, orange, brown, and white marbles -- now it's perfect To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/gedit/+bug/638503/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

