It seems, Belgium eID (Comment #36) uses PKCS#11, not native messaging:
https://github.com/Fedict/eid-mw/blob/master/plugins_tools/xpi/new-src/manifest.json
However the problem is essentially the same: native manifest.
Olivier filed a bug in Firefox bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/1734371
"Firefox snap can't load PKCS#11 modules on the host system"

I suppose, the title of this bug does not reflect scale of the problem.
All browser add-ons that relies on native manifests are affected
in Chromium and Firefox.

I came across this issue testing an extension in Firefox using Ubuntu-21.10
live image. I am considering whether it is feasible to run a kind of thin
proxy server on host that creates a socket inside a directory mounted to snap
and runs a binary in response to connection (something like inetd).
It requires a stub for native messaging app that connects to the server
and pass through requests and responses. Generally it does not differ
too much from D-Bus and ideally requires support from Firefox for robust
checks if particular add-on is allowed to run a specific app.

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  [snap] chrome-gnome-shell extension fails to detect native host
  connector

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  New
Status in KeePassXC Snap Builds:
  Unknown
Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in goopg package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in kdeconnect package in Ubuntu:

  (initially reported at https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/chrome-gnome-
  shell-does-not-work-with-chromium-snap/3377)

  See attached screenshot.