> Well, is the bamf bug fixed, then?

No, I still have this issue.

Workaround:

plank > /dev/null &
sleep 1
systemctl --user restart bamfdaemon.service

Packages, which is subscribed to bamf in Ubuntu.

  Plank dock is not showing an indicator when a certain application is
  open anymore and when an application that is open is clicked on the
  dock, a new instance of it is opened

Status in BAMF:
  Expired
Status in Plank:
  Expired
Status in bamf package in Ubuntu:
  Expired
Status in plank package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Plank version: 0.11.4
  DE: MATE Desktop
  Window manager: Marco
  Video card: Intel HD Graphics 4000
  Plank comes installed with the system by default

  When i used Ubuntu MATE 16.04 it didn't happen. I had an indicator that the
application i was clicking on was open and when i clicked it, it would be
restored if it was minimized and it will be minimized if it was maximized or
just being shown on the screen but on this version, even if the application is
minimized or maximized, when i click on its icon, first of all, i can't see
that
  "application open" indicator below its icon anymore(Only below the Plank
icon) and second of all, Plank will open a new instance of that same
application. I recorded a video showing you what i am talking about. And also,
sometimes when i click on the icons on the dock, i won't have that visual
feedback, that "little jump" of the icon i click. That's very important as well
otherwise, i think nothing happened. That's all. I really like Plank and it is
a great application. Thanks for it. Best wishes