Kevin, thanks for figuring that out.

After more testing I can confirm it's only xdg-desktop-portal-gtk you
need to downgrade to 1.8:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/xdg-desktop-portal-
gtk_1.8.0-1build1_amd64.deb

** Also affects: xdg-desktop-portal-gtk (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xdg-desktop-portal-gtk (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: jammy

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Wayland Screensharing broken in Ubuntu 21.10

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in pipewire package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in xdg-desktop-portal package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in xdg-desktop-portal-gtk package in Ubuntu:

  Freshly installed Ubuntu 21.10, screen sharing does not work with any
  browser, tested the following options:

  - Firefox snap
  - Firefox deb
  - Chromium snap
  - Chromium flatpak

  Steps to reproduce:

  1. Go to
https://www.webrtc-experiment.com/Pluginfree-Screen-Sharing/#7325517390736006
  2. Select to share the whole desktop in the xdg-desktop-portal
  3. Notice the orange screen share indicator in Gnome-Shell but actually
nothing is shared in the browser.

  This should be handled high priority since this is a critical feature
  during the pandemic.

  Filed against ubuntu-meta since I don't know exactly which package to
  blame, whether it's pipewire, xdg-desktop portal or some problem
  directely with mutter / gnome-shell, please reassign accordingly.