[Expired for eog (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: eog (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to eog in Ubuntu.

  image viewer hangs

Status in eog package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Image Viewer hangs.  Hard disk activity light always on.  System very
  unresponsive due to image viewer hang.

  System monitor shows
  - eog 96% cpu
  - gnome-system-monitor 12% cpu
  - other processes (that I can see in 1 window without scrolling, sort on cpu
column) at 0% cpu
  ( I thought these needed to add to 100% ???)

  To reproduce the problem:
  - download
http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/images/pia16051_figure_1_raw_smaller-full.jpg (52.6 MB)
  - double click on jpg file

  My system RAM is 1 GB, so should be enough.

  Package: eog 3.4.2-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-29.46-generic-pae 3.2.24
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-29-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu12
  Architecture: i386