Hi,
some (qemu, open-vm-tools, fuse3 itself) started to land.
We'd need to have this fixed and ready as well now.

But do not do this in a rush, in bug 1956949 it was found that we need
to coordinate this more precisely to move "all at once" to avoid
conflicts between fuse <-> fuse3.

Therefore the question, would this be ready for upload now?

Packages, which is subscribed to xdg-desktop-portal in Ubuntu.

  xdg-desktop-portal FTBFS when built with libfuse3-dev

Status in xdg-desktop-portal package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Fuse3 is a requirement for qemu 6 (LP: #1934510).  Since we don't want
  to support two versions of fuse in main, we'd like reverse-
  dependencies of fuse to switch to fuse3.

  xdg-desktop-portal FTBFS in a test rebuild changing the build-
  dependency on libfuse-dev to libfuse3-dev.

  Excerpt from the build log:

  checking for fuse... no