** Attachment added: "Second screenshot: GTK File dialog with distorted fonts"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1959027/+attachment/5557396/+files/Screenshot_20220125_165558.png

  Various UI and theming issues in Firefox snap when running in Plasma
  Wayland session

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,

  after installing the current live image of Kubuntu Jammy, I tested the
  preinstalled Firefox snap on the Plasma Wayland session (which I use
  by default), and discovered multiple UI and theming issues:

  1. I had switched my global theme to Breeze Dark. Nevertheless Firefox
  used a light theme when I launched it for the first time.
  Interestingly, at further runs Firefox properly came up with a dark
  theme. But I had restarted my session in between and also had removed
  and reinstalled the Firefox snap, so it's possible that one of these
  actions triggered Firefox to finally use a dark theme.

  2. The font size in the UI is too big (compare with other KDE apps on
  screenshots).

  3. It apparently doesn't use Breeze (light or dark) as the UI theme,
  but something else (Adwaita I guess).

  4. The mouse cursor uses the wrong theme and is too big (it changes
  visible if move the cursor in and out of the Firefox window).

  5. If I click e.g. on "File -> Open file...", the file dialog is not
  the one from KDE but the one from GTK/Gnome. And the UI text is
  displayed in a rather jagged/distorted way (see screenshot).

  The issues described above do _not_ appear:
  * If I run Firefox as snap in Plasma X11 session.
  * If I run Firefox as deb (both Plasma Wayland and X11 session work fine).

  Kind regards, Jan

  Package: firefox 96.0.2+build1-0ubuntu1
  AddonCompatCheckDisabled: False
  BuildID: 20220119190439
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  Channel: Unavailable
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Tue Jan 25 17:19:38 2022
  DefaultProfileExtensions: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  DefaultProfileIncompatibleExtensions: Unavailable (corrupt or non-existant
compatibility.ini or extensions.sqlite)
  DefaultProfileLocales: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  DefaultProfilePrefErrors: Unexpected character ',' before close parenthesis @
/usr/lib/firefox/omni.ja:greprefs.js:365
  DefaultProfileThemes: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  ForcedLayersAccel: False
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Alpha amd64
(20220125.1)
  IpRoute:
   default via 192.168.178.1 dev enp4s0 proto dhcp metric 100
   169.254.0.0/16 dev enp4s0 scope link metric 1000
   192.168.178.0/24 dev enp4s0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.178.44
metric 100
  Profile0Extensions: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  Profile0IncompatibleExtensions: Unavailable (corrupt or non-existant
compatibility.ini or extensions.sqlite)
  Profile0Locales: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  Profile0PrefErrors: Unexpected character ',' before close parenthesis @
/usr/lib/firefox/omni.ja:greprefs.js:365
  Profile0PrefSources: prefs.js
  Profile0Themes: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  Profiles:
   Profile1 (Default) - LastVersion=None/None (Out of date)
   Profile0 - LastVersion=96.0.2/20220119190439
  RunningIncompatibleAddons: False
  SourcePackage: firefox
  dmi.bios.date: 06/18/2009
  dmi.bios.vendor: Award Software International, Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: F14
  dmi.board.name: P35-DS3
  dmi.board.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
  dmi.board.version: x.x
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAwardSoftwareInternational,Inc.:bvrF14:bd06/18/2009:svnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:pnP35-DS3:pvr:rvnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:rnP35-DS3:rvrx.x:cvnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:ct3:cvr:sku:
  dmi.product.name: P35-DS3
  dmi.sys.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.