just ran into the same issue after an `apt upgrade`. Disabling keybase
helped for me too, but there weren't any issues before the upgrade.

  Nautilus doesn't load and gives GVFS-WARNING

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  After loading a cifs network drive on the command line, nautilus no
  longer loads and shows

  (org.gnome.Nautilus:17319): GVFS-WARNING **: 20:32:43.301: The peer-
  to-peer connection failed: Timeout was reached. Falling back to the
  session bus. Your application is probably missing --filesystem=xdg-
  run/gvfsd privileges.

  when run from the command line. This is not the same as
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/1935734 as I'm
  not trying to open as root but as a non-privileged user.

  This only started happening after upgrading to 21.10 recently. I tried
  upgrading gvfs to 1.48.x though a ppa and the update didn't resolve
  the issue. It was working in 21.04, so I assume downgrading gvfs

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      21.10

  $ apt-cache policy nautilus gvfs
  nautilus:
    Installed: 1:40.2-1ubuntu1
    Candidate: 1:40.2-1ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 1:40.2-1ubuntu1 500
          500 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu impish/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
  gvfs:
    Installed: 1.47.91-1ubuntu1
    Candidate: 1.47.91-1ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 1.47.91-1ubuntu1 500
          500 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu impish/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Package: nautilus 1:40.2-1ubuntu1
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Nov 16 20:35:33 2021
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.3)
  SourcePackage: nautilus
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to impish on 2021-11-12 (4 days ago)