I'm not sure it's worth going on wild goose chases tracking down the
crashes, as the underlying cause is dbus stopping and there's no way to
gracefully recover from that, as discussed in 1962036.

dbus is expected to be always running, so tons of crashes if it stops
are to be expected.

  Ubuntu 22 crash when updating, broken network manager and cannot
  report bug

  A new day, a new struggle with Ubuntu 22.04.

  So, I decided to get my daily updates and in the middle of the process the
system just crashed, leaving me at the login page. When I got back, the wifi
was no longer there and the network configuration was reporting an error about
the network manager having problems.
  I shut down and restarted, the wifi came back.

  Went to the var/crash folder to report the bug with

      $:/var/crash$ ubuntu-bug _usr_bin_gnome-shell.1000.crash

  and it started complaining about older packages that need to be
  upgraded. I run `apt upgrade`, one of the packages is `dbus`, I tried
  `apt install dbus` and another even uglier crash that left me with a
  black screen from which I could only come back with a forced shutdown
  and restart.

  Now, how do I get out of this mess and report the bug?