** Tags added: impish

Packages, which is subscribed to metacity in Ubuntu.

  MATE Desktop session fails to start with NVIDIA 495 & 510 drivers

Status in marco package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in metacity package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-510 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in marco source package in Focal:
  In Progress
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-510 source package in Focal:
  Confirmed
Status in marco source package in Impish:
  In Progress
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-510 source package in Impish:
  Confirmed
Status in marco source package in Jammy:
  Fix Released
Status in metacity source package in Jammy:
  Confirmed
Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-510 source package in Jammy:

  I have been using nvidia-graphics-drivers-470 for a while. In January,
  I tried the 495 drivers, but this resulted in failing to start the GUI
  when booting: the mouse cursor would appear, but then the screen would
  clear and the switch to graphics would be attempted again. This would
  repeat until restarted, so I used recovery mode to test that a) it
  still happened with that (yes) and b) to go back to the 470 drivers
  via the root terminal.

  For some reason, yesterday xscreensaver had a problem getting the
  right GLcontext. I noticed that the 510 drivers were available, so
  used Software & Updates's Additional Drivers to install those.

  Exactly the same issue as with the 495 drivers: the mouse cursor
  appears for a second, then disappears, and reappears, and.. until I
  reboot and go back to 470.

  I am using Ubuntu MATE 21.10 with a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti card.

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      21.10