I can say, that I have this dialog only if I have a flatpak updates, not
apt updates.

  Ubuntu reboots instead of powering off if a software updates exists

Status in packagekit package in Ubuntu:

  When I want to turn off a computer, I got a checkbox "Install deferred
  updates" (see screenshot, I'm not sure if my back-translation is
  correct).

  If the checkbox is checked, Ubuntu box reboots instead of powering
  off. It is not "rebopot to install updates". It just reboots to
  desktop again. If I uncheck the box, it powers off normally.

  Package: gnome-shell 40.5-1ubuntu2
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME