This works for me here. Tested on impish, with the thunderbird snap from
the stable channel (91.6.2, revision 192).

** Changed in: thunderbird (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: snap

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  [snap] paste in composer does not work

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I switched (again!) from TB deb to TB snap (in Jammy), following the Firefox
official way.
  Well, today I try to copy my calendar (Ctrl-Shift-PrintScreen) then paste in
a new message as an image (Ctrl-V or Paste in menu). Nothing happens.

  The image is copied as I can paste it to LibreOffice.

  This bug is not present in TB deb.