This bug was fixed in the package mutter - 42~beta-1ubuntu2

---------------
mutter (42~beta-1ubuntu2) jammy; urgency=medium

  * debian/patches: Skip monitor-size tests that may fail on autopkgtest

 -- Marco Trevisan (TreviƱo) <ma...@ubuntu.com>  Mon, 14 Mar 2022
02:27:21 +0100

** Changed in: mutter (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Keyboard layout LED stays on after first toggle

Status in Mutter:
  Unknown
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  When using two different keyboard layouts (English and Russian in my
  case) and setting xkb-options to use a keyboard LED to indicate the
  alternative layout ('grp_led:caps' in my case), in Gnome on Wayland
  session the LED turns on after the first time I toggle the layout, nad
  then stays on, no matter how many times or in which way I switch
  layouts. It's supposed to turn on on switching to Russian and then
  turn off on switching back to English. In Gnome on Xorg session, the
  LED works correctly, turning off when I switch back to the main
  layout.

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Add a second keyboard language/layout
  2. Add 'grp_led:caps' or 'grp_led:scroll' to
/org/gnome/desktop/input-sources/xkb-options in dconf editor
  3. Switch layouts, the respective LED turns on
  4. Switch layouts again, the LED stays on under Wayland, but turns off under
Xorg