** Also affects: gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons-ng (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons-ng (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: jammy

  [FFe] Include Desktop Icons Appearance Settings

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons-ng package in Ubuntu:

  In Jammy the default desktop extension is providing lots settings in a
  poorly integrated way, accessible from right-click:

  https://i.imgur.com/boMhCrH.png

  We got a community contribution
  (https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Ubuntu/gnome-conyol-
  center/-/merge_requests/9) to move the most relevant (for ubuntu)
  settings into the ubuntu "appearance" panel in gnome-control-center so
  that we can explicitly only support a restricted number of options
  that we care about, while all the rest can be tuned when using the
  ding options manually or tools such as d-conf editor.

  The appearance options will include these new widgets:

  https://i.imgur.com/Cup75om.png (wording to be improved before UIF)

  This is the code involved:
   -
https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/gnome-control-center/-/commit/3f7c10501b1ac28311dd9edb64e64bfbbcd67204

  Plus we need to change DING code to call `gnome-settings-daemon
  ubuntu` on desktop context menu.

  Not sure this is fully a FFe request, given that from the global
  desktop point of view we want actually support less features.

  ---

  It would be nice to be able to upload the update before UIF, so that
  we don't require further exception steps.