Public bug reported:

As full multiarch conversion of gconf2 is taking time to happen, please
apply this patch to make installation of foreign arch libgconf2-dev
possible. The two changes are:

make gconf2-common Multi-Arch: foreign.

remove gconf2 dependency from libgconf2-dev

I'm still running an full compile to ensure that the latter does not
cause any FTBFS, but as far as I see, when building software against
libgconf2-dev, one does not use binaries from gonf2.

** Affects: gconf (Ubuntu)

** Tags: multiarch

Packages, which is subscribed to gconf in Ubuntu.

  gconf2 multiarch cross-compile helper

Status in “gconf” package in Ubuntu: