I doubt that. The page you linked to does not apply to Debian/Ubuntu
systems. On GNOME desktops (including Ubuntu) we let GNOME set the
required environment variables, and on other desktops they are set via
the im-config package.

Also, I don't understand how the page is related to the problem with the
position of the candidate window.

Packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  IBus input method candidate box cannot follow the cursor

Status in ibus package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in ibus-libpinyin package in Ubuntu:

  I have tested it in some software, such as Microsoft Edge, Onlyoffice,
  and it does not follow the cursor position correctly, but always at
  the bottom left of the application window. However, in some
  applications such as Gedit, it works fine.

  Pictures are hereļ¼šhttps://i.bmp.ovh/imgs/2022/03/34ebb5158ceeedfc.png

  OS: Ubuntu Jammy Jellyfish
  Kernel: 5.15.0-23-generic
  on Wayland