I do think it is worth mentioning that since it is a in issue that shows
up in the Vulkan CTS, it is likely that it will also show up in other
applications. It may also occur on other platforms, but the two I listed
are the only ones that I confirmed the issue is reproducing on.

Packages, which is subscribed to libglvnd in Ubuntu.

  GLVND: Set current thread state to NULL in teardown

Status in libglvnd package in Ubuntu:

  A new fix has been merged into the libglvnd repo at
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/glvnd/libglvnd

  This change fixes an issue where if eglReleaseThread gets externally called
after the EGL destructor, a  double free occurs due to the threadState that
eglReleaseThread checks is not null being not null despite being freed by the
destuctor.
  The change makes the threadState null in the destructor to fix this.

  Can this make it into the libs in 20.04 LTS?

  Source package where the issue is encountered:
  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libglvnd/1.3.2-1~ubuntu0.20.04.2