** Summary changed:

- Dsicrete GPU is not used even when using "Launch using dedicated graphics
card" option
+ Discrete GPU is not used even when using "Launch using dedicated graphics
card" option

   Jammy didn't use nvidia driver when executing firefox

  Discrete GPU is not used even when using "Launch using dedicated
  graphics card" option

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Image: 22.04 beta
  Device: Dell Precision 7760 (with NVIDIA Corporation GA104GLM [RTX A5000
Mobile] GPU)
  Desktop: GNOME running Wayland
  Firefox snap: 98.0.2-1 (1154)

  Summary
  =======

  Firefox, a snap application, does not see the Discrete GPU, even when
  run using the appropriate option ("Launch using Discrete Graphics
  Card"). The problem does not seem to happen with non-snap
  applications.

  Steps to reproduce
  ==================

  1. Install 22.04 beta image using third party software (nvidia proprietary
drivers)
  2. Launch Firefox by left-clicking on the icon
  3. Go to about:support, and check the GPU information
  4. Close Firefox
  5. Right click on Firefox icon, and select "Launch using Discrete Graphics
Card"
  6. Repeat step 3

  Expected result
  ===============

  In step 3, the Active GPU should be the Integrated GPU (in my case, Intel).
  In step 6, the Active GPU should be the Discrete GPU (in my case, Nvidia).

  Actual result
  =============

  In both step 3 and step 6, the active GPU is the integrated one:

  Graphics
  --------

  GPU #1
  Active: Yes
  Vendor ID: 0x8086
  Device ID: 0x9a70
  Driver Vendor: mesa/iris
  Driver Version: 21.0.3.0
  RAM: 0
  GPU #2
  Active: No
  Vendor ID: 0x10de
  Device ID: 0x24b6

  It might be a snap problem, because if I run the same test with a non-snap
application (e.g. Terminal), it works as expected:

  1. Open the terminal application, and run (you may have to install
  mesa-utils package):

  $ glxinfo | grep "OpenGL vendor"
  OpenGL vendor string: Intel

  2. Close the terminal, right click on its icon, select  "Launch using
  Discrete Graphics Card" and repeat step 1:

  $ glxinfo | grep "OpenGL vendor"
  OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation

  Package: firefox 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri Apr  1 15:46:39 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Beta amd64
(20220329.1)
  Snap.Changes: no changes found
  SourcePackage: firefox