thanks a lot for the quick upload.
Now that wpasupplicant 2.10 is more widely available, I've seen this issue
popping up at several places. I'm not sure if it's only related to FRITZ!Boxes
but those alone are extremely popular in Germany, so I would have hated if the
next LTS potentially breaks WiFi for lots of users.

  Please sync latest changes from 1.36.4-2

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Please consider syncing the following changes from Debian

https://tracker.debian.org/news/1315963/accepted-network-manager-1364-2-source-into-unstable/

  For more background see https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
  bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1003907

  Seeing that Ubuntu 22.04 will ship wpasupplicant 2.10 it would be good
  to have this patch.

  When you sync the changes from Debian, a few remarks on the remaining
  diff to the Debian package:

  - isc-dhcp-client Depends
  NetworkManager defaults to its internal dhcp client (based on sd-network)
since a while. Ubuntu doesn't override that default. So either it should
explicitly override that default and specify dhclient as preferred dhcp client
or it should drop this dependency as Debian does (or at least demote it).

  - avahi-autoipd Suggests
  NetworkManager doesn't use avahi-autoipd anymore. See the relevant commit
from 2016!

https://salsa.debian.org/utopia-team/network-manager/-/commit/d701201bfd5b2d7a6bb1cc81660ae55fd4f4e36b

  - lto
  Enabling lto means significantly increased build times. Last time I checked
the space savings were miniscule. That's why the Debian doesn't enable lto.

  - restarting NM on upgrades
  NM does *not* tear down Ethernet connections on restart. For WiFi connections
the situation is different but keep in mind that wpasupplicant.postinst will
restart its service anyway