I reassigned this to Firefox. I recommend filing a different issue for
VLC.

** Package changed: gnome-shell (Ubuntu) => firefox (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: snap

** Summary changed:

- Application Icons missing from "Show Applications" screen
+ [snap] Firefox Nightly Application Icon missing from "Show Applications"
screen

  [snap] Firefox Nightly Application Icon missing from "Show
  Applications" screen

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  From a clean install of Ubuntu 22.04 beta, I have installed VLC and Firefox
(nightly) from Ubuntu Software (as snaps).
  Neither of the two icons/graphics show up in the show applications window -
either in the thumbnails of the groups I have created, or the expanded windows
(see screenshots).

  Package: gnome-shell 42.0-1ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Apr  5 14:49:04 2022
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Beta amd64
(20220329.1)
  RebootRequiredPkgs: Error: path contained symlinks.
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 42.0-1ubuntu1
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell