It just happened after booting with monitors disconnected and then connecting
the monitor.
Ubuntu offered to file a bug with more information
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1968712 collected on
its own so I will try to close this one and we can follow there.

Edit: apologies, it seems I don't know how to close the bug here, none of
options seems appropriate

  one external monitor unresponsive after suspend

  Ubuntu 22.04 Beta, Gnome, Wayland. Intel graphic

  Graphics:
    Device-1: Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver: i915 v: kernel
    Device-2: Acer Integrated Camera type: USB driver: uvcvideo
    Display: wayland server: X.Org v: 1.22.1.1 with: Xwayland v: 22.1.1
      compositor: gnome-shell v: 42.0 driver: X: loaded: modesetting
      unloaded: fbdev,vesa gpu: i915 resolution: 1: 1920x1080~60Hz
      2: 2560x1440~60Hz
    OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel UHD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2)
      v: 4.6 Mesa 22.0.1

  Laptop connected to two external monitors:

  laptop -> USB C / DisplayPort -> First monitor -> DisplayPort chain ->
  Second monitor

  After putting laptop to sleep (while monitors are connected) and
  waking it up the second monitor is unresponsive:

  - in Settings -> Display Gnome reports it as being on and working
  - turning it off and on does not bring it back
  - after switching it on in settings it for a moment appears in the overview
(Drag displays to match physical display setup ...) but then instantly
disappear.

  After experiencing the "error" now I see following in /var/crash

  ll /var/crash/
  .rw-r----- 4.2M rskolasinski 12 Apr 10:37
_usr_libexec_gsd-xsettings.1000.crash
  .rw-rw-r--    0 rskolasinski 12 Apr 10:37
_usr_libexec_gsd-xsettings.1000.upload
  .rw-------   37 whoopsie     12 Apr 10:37
_usr_libexec_gsd-xsettings.1000.uploaded
  .rw-r----- 1.8M rskolasinski 12 Apr 10:53 _usr_libexec_ibus-x11.1000.crash
  .rw-rw-r--    0 rskolasinski 12 Apr 10:53 _usr_libexec_ibus-x11.1000.upload
  .rw-------   37 whoopsie     12 Apr 10:53 _usr_libexec_ibus-x11.1000.uploaded

  One auto-reported itself to
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-settings-
  daemon/+bug/1968695 but seems unrelated to this specific issue. Second
  one system suggest it may be
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibus/+bug/1968478 so I am
  not sure any are related to the issue I am trying to report.

  Happy to provide any required information as this would potentially be
blocking from using this once it reach stable.

  Last bit of information: it also happens on live usb of 22.04 beta (tested
yesterday) and does not happen on live usb of fedora 36 beta (wanted to check
as it also has gnome 42). All tested under wayland.