Hi,

First I install Japanese environment from jammy-desktop-amd64.iso 2022-04-16
and 2022-04-19.
and I want to change home directory name from Japanese to English to use command
LANG=C xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update
but not success

Second I install English environment from jammy-desktop-amd64.iso 2022-04-19.
and I added Japanese environment.
Reboot system, panel displayed that do you want to use home directory Japanese
or English,
it is same  LANG=C xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update command.
and it work fine.

however I install only one time, something may have failed.

Packages, which is subscribed to xdg-user-dirs-gtk in Ubuntu.

  xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update not display panel

Status in xdg-user-dirs-gtk package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I installed jammy-desktop-amd64.iso 2022-04-16 version by selecting Japanese.
  ubuntu-20.04, after installing the English version, I added a Japanese
environment,
  but it has easier.

  However, the setting panel does not appear even if I execute the command
  to change the Japanese directory name of the HOME directory.

  LANG=C xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update

  As for the execution result, both Japanese and English direcotres
  remained.