Noticed the Ask Ubuntu question <https://askubuntu.com/q/1405101>. So
it's good that a fix is on its way.

Packages, which is subscribed to im-config in Ubuntu.

  IBus lookup table appears bottom left of application (x11)

Status in GNOME Settings Daemon:
  Unknown
Status in ibus:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-settings-daemon package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in im-config package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in im-config source package in Jammy:
  In Progress
Status in im-config package in Debian:
  Fix Released
Status in openSUSE:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  im-config jammy SRU
  ===================

  [Impact]

  Changes in gnome-settings-daemon v. 42 resulted in IM issues in GNOME
  on Xorg. On Ubuntu the effect is that the candidate window is
  misplaced, and appears at the bottom of the application window instead
  of close to the cursor. It's an annoying enough issue to justify an
  SRU.

  Maybe a more proper fix (in gnome-settings-daemon) will happen later,
  but in the meantime we simply let im-config set the GTK_IM_MODULE
  environment variable to "ibus".

  [Test Plan]

  On an updated Ubuntu 22.04:

  1. Install ibus-libpinyin

  2. Run these commands:

     sudo locale-gen zh_CN.UTF-8
     sudo update-locale LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.UTF-8

  3. Reboot and log in to an Ubuntu on Xorg session

  4. Add "Intelligent Pinyin" to the input sources

  5. Open gedit, switch to "Intelligent Pinyin", and input something.

  => Find that the candidate window is misplaced.

  6. Install im-config from jammy-proposed and reboot

  7. Repeat step 5.

  => Find that the candidate window is shown close to the cursor as
     expected.

  [Where problems could occur]

  Setting GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus is a normal measure for Xorg sessions, and
  shouldn't cause any adverse side effects. (Doing it for Wayland
  sessions would have caused issues, though, but we don't do that.)

  [Other Info]

  The same change will soon be synced from unstable into kinetic.

  [Original description]

  I know it is not im-config issue. I don't know what is root cause.

  how to reproduce:
  1. Install Ubuntu 22.04 LTS or apply newest update
  2. boot
  3. select a user
  4. select Ubuntu on Xorg
  5. input password
  6. login
  7. run gedit
  8. push Hankaku/Zenkaku key
  9. input any keys
  10. lookup table appears bottom left of application

  proposed fix:
  edit DESKTOP_SETUP_IBUS="GNOME" to DESKTOP_SETUP_IBUS="" on
/etc/default/im-config

  Package: im-config 0.50-2
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu Apr 21 00:13:10 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Daily amd64 (20220415)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)