** Changed in: duplicity
    Milestone: 0.8.24 => 0.8.23

Packages, which is subscribed to duplicity in Ubuntu.

  duplicity backup fails with obscure error message Ubuntu 22.04

Status in Duplicity:
  Confirmed
Status in duplicity package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I try to do a backup onto a network location (ssh://192.168.1.61 - I
  can successfully connect to this location via ssh). The backup
  completes the scan phase, then dies with error messages like this:

  Failed to read /tmp/duplicity-xdksj47v-tempdir/mktemp-_5khubio-2:
  (<class 'EOFError'>, EOFError('Compressed file ended before the end-
  of-stream marker was reached'), <traceback object at 0x7f5f660da740>)

  While the backup is running, we can see a duplicity* directory under
  /tmp:

  $ ll /tmp/duplicity-i6olpr17-tempdir/
  total 16
  drwx------  2 scohen scohen  4096 Apr 24 12:52 ./
  drwxrwxrwt 26 root   root   12288 Apr 24 12:52 ../
  -rw-------  1 scohen scohen     0 Apr 24 12:52 mkstemp-cx21bs8l-1

  However, note that this is not the directory mentioned in the failure
  message.

  A scan of the directory after the failure reveals no files like
  /tmp/dupl*

  Why is it trying to read files that do not exist?

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      22.04

  $ apt-cache policy duplicity
  duplicity: