Howdy, here are my answers:

• Is that an issue only for the save dialog?

Not sure what you mean, but I only notice this when using the "download"
/ "save file" function from a browser. Nautilus is fine otherwise.

• Can you copy files to this directory using the filemanager?

Yes, in fact that's what I have to do: download to /tmp then in the file
manager manually move it to the folder I want it in.

• Is your user directory a normal local directory or is it a remote directory
or an encrypted one?

Normal. Directory structure is normal, fresh install of Ubuntu 22.04 All
on local HD, no encryption.

Thanks!

  File save dialog from all browsers can't save outside of Downloads or
  /tmp

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Affecting Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, Brave, Vivaldi

  Files can reliably be downloaded to any folder except ~/downloads and
  /tmp.

  Ubuntu 22.04

  Chrome installed from .deb, Brave installed from repos. Firefox and
  Chromium are both sneaky-snaps, but the behaviour is the same.

  Other reports in the wild:

  https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/74989/ubuntu-22-04-save-as-doesn-t-fully-work

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1405148/browsers-unable-to-save-downloads-to-network-drive-after-upgrade-to-ubuntu-22-04