This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1969815

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  [radeon] Dual screens started blinking from blank to another type of
  blank for =<1 second each state

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in marco package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  I've just updated to 22.04 on 3x boxes: 2x laptops and 1x tower.
  Laptops went well as they are standard running wifi (note to self:
  next time upgrade one using a USB docking station+as many externally
  attached devices as possible should prove in a quite pleasurable end-
  user experience)

  For the tower: this is the dual-screen portrait system I have been
  opening up defects for months now. Same config too. Anyways, after I
  rebooted the overall booting process happened pretty well until TTY7
  tried kicking it and totally failed doing so hence rendered my system
  totally broken.

  The behavior of my screens is that they started blinking from blank to
  another type of blank for =<1 second each state. But during one of
  those states there seemed to be Wayland as I could just see the mouse
  cursor fly around when activated.

  Accessing other TTYs was also impossible as even though pressing
  CTRL+ALT+F2|F3|etc would indeed display a login prompt that within
  that same blinking instant that it had altered back to only that
  blinking cursor symbol(_) at the top-hand-left.

  That behavior held true for all TTYs.

  Pressing the power button did showed up the UM symbol alongside
  standard shutdown routine happened OK.

  Solution was: unplug one of the two monitor and automagically jammy's
  login screen popped up.

  If I replug that 2nd monitor while I am inside a working TTY7 session
  then the same (original) problem happens in which I cannot use any of
  the screens and when I re-unplug one of the two screens again I am re-
  back again at the jammy login having lost the current session that I
  had.

  Both of my screens are the same model and both use HDMI.

  I have attached my ~/.config/monitors.xml