Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and help make Ubuntu
better. Firefox is provided by a snap published by Mozilla, and they may
not be aware of this issue. Please contact them via
https://support.mozilla.org/kb/file-bug-report-or-feature-request-
mozilla and link the bug report here so it can be further tracked, then
re-mark the bug as new. Thank you!

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Firefox PDF font rendering is often messed up

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  I don't know whether it is an ubuntu bug or a firefox bug but since I
  am running the mozilla-supported ubuntu snap of firefox 99.0.1 (on
  22.04 jammy) (firefox 100 not yet available on snap), posting it here.

  Many pdfs have messed-up fonts on this firefox. Following a reddit
  thread, I tried disabling browser.display.use_document_fonts in
  about:config. Then the pdfs render correctly, but html webpages have
  messed-up fonts.

  Reddit post with screenshots and sample URL here; previous reddit thread
linked therein.

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/uhz6d1/continued_messedup_font_rendering_in_firefox_pdf/

  Others (on this and previous thread) report it doesn't happen on other
  platforms. On this thread, someone confirms it on a Ubuntu VM, and
  someone else says it doesn't happen on Mint (based on Ubuntu but I
  think doesn't use snaps).