** Changed in: freerdp2 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: freerdp2 (Ubuntu Jammy)

     Assignee: (unassigned) => Jeremy Bicha (jbicha)

Packages, which is subscribed to freerdp2 in Ubuntu.

  Update freerdp2 to 2.7.0

Status in freerdp2 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in freerdp2 source package in Jammy:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Impact
  ------
  Ubuntu 22.04 LTS includes basically a git snapshot of freerdp2 as of April
11. freerdp 2.7.0 was released April 25 with a few more bug fixes.

  Also, this includes patches that the upstream gnome-remote-desktop
  maintainers believe fix LP: #1970994 I am not mentioning that bug
  number in the debian/changelog because I don't have a clear test case
  to reproduce that bug, which is needed for SRU verification to go
  smoothly.

  Test Case #1
  ------------
  Install all updates. Log out and log back in.
  Open the Settings app to the Sharing page. Turn on Sharing and turn on Remote
Desktop Sharing.
  Turn it off then on because there may be a gnome-control-center bug with
initial enabling.

  From a second computer, connect to the first computer using Remmina.

  The Remote Desktop page on the first computer provides the username
  and password to use. I wasn't able to get the "Remote Desktop Address"
  to work (maybe avahi doesn't work well?) so just use the first
  computer's IP address.

  So something like:
  RDP jeremy@192.168.1.1

  Ensure that the connection works.

  Then repeat the test after updating the second computer to use the
  updated freerdp2 since Remmina itself uses freerdp2. Basically we want
  to make sure things keep working after the update but also continue to
  work for connections between systems that aren't using the same
  version of freerdp2.

  What Could Go Wrong
  RDP Sharing using freerdp2 is a new feature for Ubuntu 22.04 LTS as part of
GNOME 42.

  RDP Sharing can be used for providing remote support so it's important
  that this feature works well because it may be difficult for the
  remote admin to fix issues in person.

  freerdp2 is also used by the Remmina and GNOME Connections apps as the
  "client" app for RDP Sharing. (The GNOME feature is the "server"
  side.)