** Description changed:

- Steps to reproduce:
+ Impact
+ ======
+ A minimal QEMU image of Ubuntu Desktop will fail to start after installing.
This is because of a gnome-remote-desktop crash made worse because the
gnome-remote-desktop service was always running. This update fixes the crash
and stops gnome-remote-desktop from running when it's not in use.
+
+ We worked around this bug before the Ubuntu 22.04 LTS release by
+ updating osinfo-db so that installs using GNOME Boxes and Virt Manager
+ would do the right thing by default. But that didn't help for this
+ particular test case.
+
+ Test Case
+ =========
  1. On a jammy host, create a jammy guest:
  $ qemu-img create -f qcow2 vm.qcow2 50G
  $ qemu-system-x86_64 -accel kvm -cpu host -smp cpus=4 -m 3072 -device
virtio-vga -display gtk,grab-on-hover=on -hda vm.qcow2 -cdrom [jammy ISO]

  2. Install Ubuntu in that VM (minimal install), no problems are expected
  yet.

  3. After the installation is concluded and the VM reboots, try to login
  using the Wayland session (it should be the default, no need to select
  anything). It will fail and bring you back to the login screen
  (apparently due to a gnome-shell crash; I don't think the details are
  relevant to the problem here).

  What is expected: that both the Wayland and X11 sessions work out-of-
  the-box.

- Workaround: remove gnome-remote-desktop, and the Wayland session will
- work just fine in the conditions described above. This is why I'm
- reporting this issue in gnome-remote-desktop instead of Wayland or
- gnome-shell or qemu. I might be wrong though...
+ Workaround
+ ===========
+ remove gnome-remote-desktop, and the Wayland session will work just fine in
the conditions described above. This is why I'm reporting this issue in
gnome-remote-desktop instead of Wayland or gnome-shell or qemu. I might be
wrong though...

- Extra information:
+ Extra information
+ =================
  1. gnome-shell starts as expected if the X11 session is selected instead.
  2. Alternatively, using the OpenGL enabled virtio-vga driver also makes it
work in both the X11 and Wayland sessions:
  $ qemu-system-x86_64 -accel kvm -cpu host -smp cpus=4 -m 3072 -device
virtio-vga-gl -display gtk,gl=on,grab-on-hover=on -hda vm.qcow2
+
+ What Could Go Wrong
+ ===================
+ See the master update bug report at LP: #1970662

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-remote-desktop in Ubuntu.

  gnome-remote-desktop leads to a session crash inside qemu with virtio-
  vga

Status in gnome-remote-desktop package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-remote-desktop source package in Jammy:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Impact
  ======