** Changed in: nautilus

  path bar flickering when path is longer than the space in the header
  bar

Status in Nautilus:
  Fix Released
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  This is copy of my upstream bug report:
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/-/issues/1512

  The issue will not be fixed because the upcoming version of nautilus
  has a changed pathbar design which prevents it. (See conversation on
  the gnome bug tracker).

  This bug looks also a lot like an old bug in launchpad on 13.04, could be the
same issue.
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/1167710

  ----------------------
  Affected version

  Other: Ubuntu 20.04 with Nautilus 3.36.2-0ubuntu1
  Nightly flatpak: No

  Steps to reproduce:
  Open Nautilus/Files
  open a nested folderpath structure untill the names of the path do not fit in
the pathbar anymore
  Hover the mouse over the first or the last folder name visible in the path

  Current behaviour:
  The path bar starts flickering (probably alternating the display of the
visible/not visible folders?(see attached screencast)

  Expected behaviour:
  No flickering, but moving the displayed path when ascending deeper in the
folder structure.

  Additional information:
  1) I have also tested if this depends on the number of folders or on the
length of the folder name the issue is also triggered with a shallow path with
only a few very long folder names and not with >10 2 letter wide folder names
  2)I've tested both the Ubuntu Yaru theme and the gnome default Adwaita light
them, it occurs in both so does not seem to be theme specific.
  3) The issue seems to be fixed in the nightly build.