I've been having an issue similar to this on 22.04 (jammy) and don't
recall experiencing it on 21.10. It's actually happened not just from
standby but from just being on (with display off) as well. I'm still
testing, but it could be extensions like 'blur my shell' causing an
issue. Couldn't find anything associated with this in /var/crash or in
errors.ubuntu.com for my id.

  Temporary screen freeze when coming back from screen standby

  When waking up the PC screen from standby, quite often the screen freezes for
10-20s.
  I can't move the mouse or type anything. After a while, it unfreezes.
  This is quite annoying because often the freeze is long enough to send the
screen to standby again for absence of singal, so then I have to wake it up and
wait again.

  This is not 100% reproducible but happens very frequently, both when
  the screen is locked and when it's not.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.28.1-0ubuntu2
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME