Crashed on login. I tried to login once. Nothing happened. Then again.
I have a hybrid Intel+Nvidia laptop. I also heard sounds coming from my laptops 
speakers and they should come from my HDMI audio device usually (I haven't 
noticed that before). If that's an indication. After the login the sounds 
started coming out the the HDMI device. 

I have set my external HDMI monitor as the primary monitor and the only one 
enabled due to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/1968040
I haven't enabled the workaround described above: `Just add 
MUTTER_DEBUG_ENABLE_ATOMIC_KMS=0 to /etc/environment and then reboot.`

While not related to this crash: it would be great if the login screen
appears on the primary device, which in my case is the external HDMI
one. The login currently appears on the internal display.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1959507

Title:
  gnome-shell crashed in clutter_actor_get_real_resource_scale() with
  assertion failed: (guessed_scale >= 1.f)

Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Hi,
  I'm starting a VM Ubuntu 22.04 on QEMU/KVM and this alert appears.
  It seems to myself there is an issue between Wayland and spice-vdagent.
  Regards,
  Michel

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 22.04
  Package: gnome-shell 41.3-1ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.15.0-18.18-generic 5.15.12
  Uname: Linux 5.15.0-18-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu76
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CrashCounter: 1
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Jan 29 09:52:12 2022
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-shell
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2022-01-28 (1 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Alpha amd64 (20220126)
  ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/gnome-shell
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 41.3-1ubuntu1
  Signal: 6
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  StacktraceTop:
   __pthread_kill_implementation (no_tid=0, signo=6, threadid=140083783699840) 
at pthread_kill.c:44
   __pthread_kill_internal (signo=6, threadid=140083783699840) at 
pthread_kill.c:80
   __GI___pthread_kill (threadid=140083783699840, signo=signo@entry=6) at 
pthread_kill.c:91
   __GI_raise (sig=sig@entry=6) at ../sysdeps/posix/raise.c:26
   __GI_abort () at abort.c:79
  Title: gnome-shell crashed with SIGABRT in __pthread_kill_implementation()
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  separator:

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1959507/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to